Speeches/ Lectures/Book Signings
- Steiner Gallery, Vienna. December 3th – December 27th, 2018.
- “Art + Autism” Symposium. Monmouth University. West Long Branch, NJ. April 26, 2017. 3pm – “An Unexpected Life.” 5pm – “A Portal into the Mind of Seth Chwast.” Presentations and lectures.
- London Biennale. March 29th – April 2nd, 2017.
- University Hospitals. Cleveland, OH. March 1st – June 30, 2017.
- Cleveland Botanical. Cleveland, OH. October 4 – November 19, 2016.
- Weekend of the Pooka: A Celebration of the Arts. Bedford Commons, Bedford, OH. September 17-18, 2016.
- Sustainability Center. Berea, OH. August 8-14, 2016.
- Cleveland Chef’s Gala. Cleveland, OH. August 2016.
- ChamberFest Cleveland. Cleveland, OH. June 16 – July 1, 2016.
- Perspective- An Art Exhibition. Valley Art Center. Chagrin Falls, OH. April 1, 2016.
- Indian Creek Foundation, Souderton, PA. March 17th, 2016. Lecture and book signing.
- Autism Speaks: Pieces Of History Event. October 25th. 2pm-4pm. White North Stables, Chagrin Falls, OH.
- Artsyism Season 9 Cleveland Heights, OH. October 4th, 2015.
- Firefish Festival. Book signing. Broadway Avenue, Lorain, OH. September 26, 2015. 4pm-10pm.
- Weekend of the Pooka: A Celebration of the Arts. Book signing. Bedford Commons, Bedford, OH. September 11-13, 2015.
- Cleveland World Fest. Cleveland Cultural Garden in Rockefeller Park. Cleveland, OH August 2, 2015.
- Milestones Autism Conference. Cleveland, OH. June 18, 2015.
- ChamberFest Cleveland. Cleveland, OH. June 17 – July 1, 2015.
- Autism Institute of Gwynedd Mercy University, Gwynedd Valley, PA. April 10th-11th, 2015.
- Little Cayman 5th Annual Agriculture Exhibition/Show: Come Grow With Us- Unity in Diversity. Blossom Village Park, Little Cayman. March 21st, 2015.
- The Importance of Art in Public Buildings. Seth Chwast, Kip Jacobs, and Perry Finkelman Book Signing. Baruch College: School of Arts and Sciences and the Department of Real Estate New York, NY. November 4th, 2014. 5:50pm.
- NDSU Renaissance Hall Fargo, North Dakota presentation to art students. Sept. 25th, 2014. 11am – 12pm.
- KVLY North Dakota Today Show. Television Appearance. Sept. 25th, 2014. 9:45am – 10:00am.
- Barnes and Noble book signing. 1201 42nd Street South Fargo, North Dakota. Sept. 24th, 2014. 4pm – 6pm.
- Main Street Prairie Public Radio. Radio Interview. Sept 24th, 2014. 3pm and 7pm.
- ChamberFest Cleveland, June 19th- July 29th, 2014. Seth created a painting which was used for publicity and was displayed at ChamberFest. Seth sold t-shirts and attended 10 concerts.
- Milestones Autism Organization, Featured Speaker and book signing, June 18th, 2014.
- Barnes & Noble Youngstown, OH 4:30pm book signing & Butler North (Butler Institute) 6:00pm lecture. April 23rd, 2014.
- The Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, OH. Keynote speaker lecture and book signing. 1:00pm & 3:00pm. April 6th – May 11th, 2014.
- Archives of the Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH. September 25th, 2013.
- Chef’s Gala, Cleveland, OH. August 10th, 2013.
- Chamberfest Cleveland, Cleveland, OH. June 19th – June 29th, 2013.
- Milestones Autism Organization, Featured Speaker, June 18th, 2013.
- Motivational Speaker, Walk Now For Autism Speaks, Landerhaven. Mayfield Heights, OH. May 22, 2013.
- ArtExpo New York – March 21—23, 2013. Exhibition and book signing.
- Keynote Speaker, Ursuline/Tri-C Annual Art Therapy Reception, Exhibition and Workshop, February 14th– To March 13th, 2013.
- Autism Speaks “Rock ’til It Stops” Featured Artist. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH- Book signing and exhibition. November 17th, 2012.
- “An Unexpected Life” Library at Nighttime, Cleveland Heights Library, Local author series, November 7th 2012.
- “WCPN’s ‘Around Noon’ Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library, November 7th 2012.
- An Unexpected Life Talk and book signing, 21st Annual Texas Autism conference, Austin, Texas, October 13th .
- Book signing at the Art Walk in Ghent, New York. October 6th, 2012.
- Book Signing at Unity for Autism’s Annual Golf Tournament, Toronto, Canada, September 24th 2012.
- Book signing at Artsyism with Autism Speaks, Cleveland Ohio, August 23rd
- Book signing- Annual Mid-south Autism Conference, Memphis, TennesseeJuly 16th-18th, 2012.
- “A Different Kind of Journey- Helping your child transition into the adult world.” Talk and book signing. Milestones Autism Organization, June 20th, 2012.
- Strokes of Genius Benefit- talk about Seth winning worldwide competition to have his art on a postal stamp. United Nations Plaza. April 22nd 2012.
- “Never give up. Refusing to settle and searching for a persons gifts.” In service training talk for 75 people. Monarch Center for Autism, April 16th2012
- ‘Following Your Passion in Art’ Landhuis-Bloemhof Gallery, Curaçao, December 1st 2011.
- Book signing, and talk about An Unexpected Life, Landhuis-Bloemhof Gallery, Curaçao, November 30th 2011.
- Meeting with special needs parents, and talking about An Unexpected Life,Landhuis Bloemhof Gallery, Netherlands, November 26th, 2011
- “No Limits, breaking through any barriers, and reaching impossible goals.” Talk to 45 professionals in the field of autism, and book signing. Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, October 17th 2011
- Talk on Seth and Galapagos to 100 people. Reception for “Seth Chwast: Visions of Galapagos” Cleveland Museum Of Natural History, September 24th, 2009
- Advancing the Future for Adults with Autism. Autism Speaks. New Jersey. September 16th, 2009.
- Keynote address– Debra Chwast, for a consortium of autism groups, May 30th, 2009
- Opening night of the JCC Seth Chwast: A retrospective, “The art of Seth Chwast,” and a talk to 100 patrons, May 3rd 2009.
- Meeting with all special needs families and talking about ‘not accepting limits,’ Cayman BRAC, February 9th 2009.
- Talk to a high school about meeting ones dreams, Cayman BRAC, February 9th, 2009.
- Gallery talk at “Seth Chwast: Icons of the Cayman Islands”, The National Gallery of the Cayman Islands, February 7th2009.
- Presentation to all special needs professionals of the Cayman Islands, The National Gallery of the Cayman Islands, November 14th, 2008
- Gallery talk, National Gallery of the Cayman Islands, November 8, 2008
- Seth did a painting for “Nessie’s birthday” as the Loch Ness Monster Roller coaster turned 30. Debra spoke to park officials and members of Autism Speaks, and was filmed by local reporters. Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Virginia, May 23rd, 2008.
- “Following your dreams.” A talk to 150 people (televised on public TV, simultaneously translated into Spanish) Audience included the governor and mayor of Galapagos, the staff of the Charles Darwin foundation, all special needs students and parents, local artists, tourists and sailors. March 28th, John Madjewski Center, Santa Cruz, Galapagos.
- Keynote Address, Debra Chwast, Feb. 12, 2008, CSU Common Reading Program onCleveland State University Library, Rhodes Tower, Cleveland, OH. In conjunction with a solo exhibition by Seth Chwast.
- Demonstration, Center for Therapy for the Arts, Nov. 3, 2007, Art Loan Gala, Cleveland, OH
- Keynote address, Debra Chwast, Oct. 12, 2007, Lorain County Board of Mental Retardation/Northeast Ohio Teacher Association Education Day, Lorain County Community College, Elyria,In conjunction with solo exhibition by Seth Chwast.
- Demonstration, Oct. 6, 2007, Lorain County Community College Early Childhood Conference on Autism, Elyria, OH.
- Demonstration, July 18 – 21, 2007, Ingenuity Festival, Cleveland, OH.
- Demonstration, The Very Special Arts Art Show, April 6, 2007, Twinsburg
- Symposium Panel, “Creativity, Communication, and the Art of Seth Chwast”, Ingenuity Festival, Cleveland, OH, Jul. 13-16, 2006.
- Film screening, “A Different Kind of Journey,” Cleveland Public Theater, Cleveland, OH, Nov. 2004.
- Penn State College of Medicine, Pennsylvania Medical Humanities Consortium. Featured Presentation and for this event, the documentary DVD, “A Different Kind of Journey” was produced. Hershey, PA, May 2004.